Thursday, June 23, 2016

We did have fun but there weren't enough people at the conference. There won't be another one hosted by Jimmy Thomas from what I understand. That's too bad it was good. The people who held classes were good. I learned a lot.
I was told that some people didn't like the venue as it wasn't on the strip or close to it. Frankly, I like Texas Station. The food was good and the room was great. The bed was one of the best I have ever used in any hotel.
After the book fair, I took a ride in the rental car with my partner in crime, Kerry. We went south to the Valley of Fire. Fantastic scenery. I took a bunch of photos that I hope to use for teasers. The new book presently with Paper Gold Publishing, Nightwind's Shadow is an apocalyptic tale set in the desert. Who knows when I'll get back down here, so I made the best of the trip.
At one point the thermometer in the car read 111 degrees. But the air conditioning worked when we were in the car so all worked out. We had a lot of water with us and drank it.
I'll post more in a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment