Thursday, December 5, 2019

And we've gone from 41 to minus 10.

So we went from this less than a week ago, 41 degrees to this:

This is what -10 looks like. It will probably warm up a little during the afternoon. And I don't mind. I'm writing, have fuel oil for heat, food, chocolate and scotch. I'm good. This particular shade of blue, it is a little difficult to see in the picture, but it's pale-robin's egg I would guess, is only seen when its cold and clear. 
If it's cold during the night, it's bound to be clear. That is a given. 
There's a moose momma and a yearling hanging around my place. because the trees were never totally removed from my property, they tend to hang out here. I've got a lot of willow to browse. I've not seen them, but saw their tracks coming up the side yard and across the drive yesterday am. This picture is from last winter. But mommas tend to stick around the same places during the winter. 
Anyway, safe travels wherever you are. I'm going to start the wood stove. I feel like a shot of that special kind of heat you only get from a good hot wood fire. Stay warm. 




No comments:

Post a Comment