Sunday, February 23, 2020


Book cover for CEO by Patricia E. Gitt 

 Review of CEO by Patricia E. Gitt

 

I pay a lot of attention when I pick up a book in NetGalley. My time needs to be used wisely, I don’t have a lot to spare. 

Still, I love to read and since I’ll read before I sleep anyway, it might as well do someone good. Hence, NetGalley and BookBub

I found myself pleasantly surprised by this one, it has an interesting plot and is easy to read. The publisher called it a “page turner”, I agree. Well written, one tiny little thing in perhaps two places threw me off, a bit of confusion over proper use of two words. Minor little blips. Neither bothered me for long and the plot took over again. I’m mentioning it only in case a reader asks why I gave it 5 stars. I easily dismissed the errors as I got caught up in the story again.  Anyone who has read many of my reviews and the books I reviewed knows I can ignore a few piddly errors in favor of a good plot. This book had the tiniest of errors, as mentioned above. 

Don’t go looking for a romance read here. This is a tale of two women finding their way in a man’s world. Not an easy feat as those of us who have had to work in any office well know. 

Not a real literary work, it speaks to the trials endured by any woman seeking to be a mover and shaker in the business world. The worst adversaries a woman can encounter on her upward climb will be other women in the office. The question here is, can these two help one another? What will be the way forward for the women who can make or break the other’s career? An interesting plot idea brought to fruition and laid out well by the author. Give it a whirl. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Cherime, for your kind comments and review of my novel, CEO. I tried to showcase the strengths of those women I have had the pleasure of working with during my long career as an executive in pubic relations.

    ReplyDelete